As marketers find more innovative ways to attract audiences, video has become an important part strategic conversation.
Video marketing it is no longer an “aspiring” content strategy. Here it is and is an increasingly powerful way to communicate the story of your brand, explain your value proposition, and build relationships with your customers and potential customers.
The HubSpot blog surveyed 550 marketers to find out about the latest video trends. The latest data shows that video content is not only effective – the demand for it is growing extremely fast. Here are key video marketing statistics to consider when designing your strategy.
General video marketing statistics
- 36% of marketers say the main goal of their company’s video marketing efforts is to increase brand awareness and reach a new audience.
- 37% of companies create video content exclusively in the company, 14% rely on the agency, and 49% share a mixture of video content created in the company and agencies.
- 69% of marketers say their company owns the production equipment used to create video content.
- The most popular video editing software is Adobe Premiere Pro, used by 61% of marketers.
- 44% of marketers use the iPhone as their main camera for video content.
- 88% of the surveyed companies have a team dedicated to creating video content, and 45% of companies with dedicated video support have a team of two to five people.
- 81% of marketers say their primary business has a budget specifically for video marketing, and 52% of marketers say their budget for video marketing for 2022 has remained the same.
- 42% of marketers surveyed say that creating video content through an outside agency has yielded better videos.
- 69% of marketers claim that the biggest advantage of creating video content in a company is more creative control and flexibility.
- When asked what is the biggest advantage of working with an agency in creating video content, 68% of marketers point to higher quality videos that look more professional.
- 77% of marketers say their company uses YouTube to host marketing videos.
- 14% of marketers say their company spends between $ 7,000 and $ 10,000 to make a video.
- When asked how long it takes to create a marketing video from start to finish, 30% of marketers say it takes two weeks.
- According to 65% of marketers, production (recording, lighting and sound) is the most expensive part of the video creation process.
- 38% of marketers say that pre-production (idea, screenwriting and casting) is the most time consuming part of the video creation process.
- 74% of companies optimize videos for silent autoplay.
- 78% of companies use accessibility features in video content. The most common installation is video, which is used by 65% of companies.
- 31% of brands post two to four videos a month.
- In 2019, 29% of companies started to give preference to video marketing.
- When asked which of the three biggest challenges in creating video content, the best answers were lack of time to create video content (39%), difficulties in creating an effective video strategy (33%) and inadequate budget for creating video content (31%). ).
Video Marketing Performance Statistics
- According to marketers, the three most important factors for creating effective video content are attracting the attention of viewers in the first few seconds (36%), effectively promoting videos (36%) and maintaining the conciseness of videos (33%).
- According to marketers, the most effective video promotion strategies are promoting videos on social media platforms (63%), adding videos to a business website or blog, optimizing the title and description for SEO, and displaying paid video ads (47%).
- 44% of marketers describe creating video content as somewhat easy.
- 59% of marketers found that video marketing is somewhat effective in achieving their company’s overall business goals.
- 47% of marketers say that video marketing is moderately important for the overall marketing strategy in their company.
- 55% of marketers claim that video marketing has an average return on investment, and 41% of marketers report that video marketing has a high return on investment.
- 32% of marketers have found that the most effective way to get leads from marketing videos is to place links to landing pages in social media video ads.
- The best metrics marketers use to measure video performance are 44 views (44%), viewing time (43%), and activity (41%).
- 36% of marketers say the optimal length of a marketing video is one to three minutes.
- 39% of marketers report that short videos generate the highest return on investment.
- 64% of marketers surveyed claim that the optimal length of a short marketing video is 20-60 seconds.
- 41% of marketers found that the average viewing percentage of their short videos was between 61-80%.
- 26% of marketers say the optimal length of a live video is seven to nine minutes.
- 40% of marketers claim that the biggest advantage of creating video content is to help customers understand its products and services. 36% of marketers say that the biggest advantage of video content is that it gains more engagement than other types of marketing.
- 68% of marketers say that content that displays their products and services generates the highest return on investment.
- In 63% of marketers, content related to cultural moments and news generates the most videos.
- 59% of marketers created a video that went viral.
- According to marketers, the most important factors in creating viral video are creating related content (28%), preserving short videos (27%) and attracting the attention of viewers in the first few seconds (26%).
- 24% of marketers say that funny content is likely to go viral.
Statistics on video marketing on social media
- According to 58% of marketers, short videos (such as TikTok, Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts) are the main video format they use in their roles.
- The best channels for sharing or hosting marketing videos are social media (76%), blog or website (55%), email (44%) and Vimeo (31%).
- 67% of marketers say that sharing marketing videos on social media (YouTube, Instagram, TikTok) has the highest return on investment.
- The best social media platform for video sharing is YouTube (70%), followed by Instagram (60%) and TikTok (35%).
- 54% of companies plan to increase video investment for TikTok this year.
- 64% of marketers say their company is most committed to sharing marketing videos on Instagram.
- According to marketers, Instagram (66%) and YouTube (59%) are the best social media platforms for creating potential customers from videos.
- 56% of brands plan to increase investment in videos for Instagram this year.
- When posting marketing videos on social media, 55% of marketers say they take advantage of a mix of organic and paid content.
- 27% of marketers said YouTube is the platform they plan to invest the most in sharing marketing videos in 2022.
- When comparing the two platforms, 78% of marketers said YouTube is more effective at achieving overall business goals, compared to 8% of marketers who think Vimeo is more effective at achieving business goals.
As online platforms and consumer habits tend toward video, brands will need to invest in the medium to retain audience attention and increase their reach.